Total Pageviews

Friday 17 June 2011

GWR 6619

Welcome to my new blog. I shall be using it to share my steam memories and experiences.

I visited the Yorkshire Dales Railway at Embsay and Bolton Abbey this weekend gone and was very pleased to see GWR 6619 hauling passenger trains to and from Bolton Abbey. The station there having been recently restored and very good job indeed has been made of this work. Well done YDR.

I well remember the class to which 6619 belongs as I spent a good deal of time in Cardiff as a child and this class was specifically designed for the South Wales coal and passenger traffic.



Here we see 6619 during it's time on the North Yorks Moors Railway. Very tough reliable engines and of course perfectly suited the the conditions her in Yorkshire on our moorland and dale preserved railways.

Here is my own picture of the engine at Bolton Abbey this weekend gone.  As you can see it is in fine condition and a very good addition to the YDR's saddle tank engines.

No comments:

Post a Comment