Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 July 2014

SVR Visitors Centre

No LMS Exhibition would be complete without
a 'Jinty'
 
 
I well remember my first train set included just such,
made by Triang Rovex. My other engine was the
pride of my life 'Princess Elizabeth'. Triang must
have produced thousands of these iconic engines

 
Looking superb we well remember them shunting
around stations and goods yards
 
 
Also resident is Mr Riddles other Austerity the
2-10-0 'Gordon' I believe these engines were the
precursors of the BR 9F so admired by us all and
still working hard in preservation

 
The other well represented class in preservation is
of course the standard class 4 tank. Many of our
preserved railways depend on these locos for
the daily runs in the high summer season

 
80079 is in lovely cosmetic condition
 

No comments:

Post a Comment